Branding, it’a hot topic though can seem vague or difficult to define. In Part 2 of the Brand Series, I am talking about 10 brand mistakes to stop making today. Your Branding is not just your logo, colors and tagline. If you are doing it correctly, bravo! Though if you are not sure, I have 10 brand mistakes to stop makeing today.
If you are doing it correctly, bravo! Though if you are not sure, I have 10 brand mistakes to stop makeing today.
Simply put, your brand is the promise that you make to your audience and customers. It is the perception of what everyone thinks about you and your business. Good or bad. The savvy biz people understand this and work hard to consistently promote their brand at it’s best.
10 mistakes to stop making today:
1. Branding is your logo, colors and tagline, it’s also the essence of your business and your mission, think deeper.
2. Not maintaing a consistentcy with your Brand. Stay constant with your visuals and voice.
3. Repeatedly changing your brand visually. Think of Coca Cola, their brand has slightly changed since 1887.
4. Overcomplicating your brand. Keep your brand clean and consistant. Don’t add too many other fonts, colors or new verbage.
5. Having a strategy for new changes for your brand. Should you want to change or add to your brand you want to have a strategy so it will not confuse your audience and customers.
6. Creating a consistant digital campaign. Content marketing is vital to sharing your brand story. Make sure your social network platforms are all saying the same brand story.
7. Learn from your mistakes and others. Here are a few branding blunders. Some are very severe. My point is learn from your mistakes. Measure what is working and what is not so you don’t repeat them.
8. Not knowing your brand audience is. If you don’t know who you are serving how can ou talk to them the right way?
9. Having a cyrstal clear definition of why you are doing what you do. A clear mission and purpose for your business is vital to your brand.
10. Not having good branded visuals. Take the time to either create or hire a graphic designer to create branded visuals for your website social media and for print.
Still not sure how all this affects you and your biz? I found these 25 Biggest Brand Failures that hope inspire you not to do. Yes they are epic fails, and I hope you learn from them and the 10 Brand Mistakes you should stop making today.
Here’s all brand Yourself articles in the series:
If you’re serious about getting visable and creating a branding that shines, then let’s chat! I want you to standout in the crowded online marketplace with a clear message that becomes a homing beacon for your ideal clients. When that occurs, you’re ideal clients and target audience are magnetically drawn to your brand and can’t wait to work with you. That’s what defining your unique and purposesful brand story does!
I have special times of the week to meet for virtual coffee:) It’s FREE. I’d love meet you and chat about you, your biz and brand! So click on the button below to chat!