I’m an avid learner and invest in my personal growth. Though my adult life I’ve read some great personal development books that have definitely helped me through some tough challenges. So I had a thought, I’m sure my friends and community have some great books too. I combined what my friends, community, and colleagues shared with my top favorite books and have 14 personal development books that will definitely empower you!
It’s interesting, one of my favorite personal development books is “Strength Finders”. In it I found that I’m a learner, which is not shocking if you know me:) However, there were 4 other insights that once I took the test really offered a great deal of clarity. As an avid learner, I like to improve and have found some amazing books that have really helped me.
My Top Personal Development Books:
I’ve read this book at least 4 times over the years 10 years. Each time I learn something new. I live by these agreements and to incorporate them into my everyday life. Years ago, they inspired me create a 4 piece mixed media art so I would be gently reminded. I then sold them as prints and cards to people who were struggling in some way in their lives to inspire them. One client purchased a large 4 piece set and purchased the book to give as a gift. That warmed my heart…
Here are the four agreements:
- Be Impeccable with your word.
- Don’t take anything personally.
- Don’t make assumptions.
- Always do your best.
2. Strength Finders by Tom Rath
Personal growth book recommendations:
6. Sandy Rosen recommends How to Win Friends and Influence People. By Dale Carnegie
7. Kara Lambert recommends Get Rich Lucky Bitch by Denise Duffield-Thomas
8. Danna Tullis recommends Your Erroneous Zones
9. Danna also recommends Change Your Thoughts, Change your Life by Dr. Wayne Dyer.
Danna shared that when I asked my community what their best books that shaped her as a person got her thinking of Dr. Wayne Dyer. Both of these books both influenced her. Like many, Danna was very inspired by Dr. Dyer.
10. Jonathan Greene recommends The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up
11. Johnathan also recommended Getting Things Done and The Art of Stress-Free Productivity.
12. Pattie Byron recommends Louder Than Words by Todd Henry who happens to be a Cincinnati author.
13. Hannah Blake recommends: Living your best life by Laura Berman Fortgang.
But the book has exercises in it which I use in my coaching and helps you take a step back and look at your situation.” Hannah stated to me.
14. Nate Kennedy recommends: The Go-Giver, Expanded by
Have a branding or visual question?
If you have a question or comment about creating professional looking branding and visuals, click here. I love to hear from you:)