I love typography! I have since I was a little girl. I remember vividly learning how to write in cursive and spending hours practicing. Do you have a favorite way to write?
What’s your favorite type or style? A handwritten casual typeface? The elegance of script style or are you a modern person and only a clean sans serif will do?
Working with the right typography your brand is important. Think of it as another layer to that tells the story of your brand personality.
Your type help define you and your brand. I created this Type Guide info-graphic to help you find some type clarity and a better understanding of the top styles and their characteristics:)
There are thousands of different types and type styles. I researched and selected a few of the top typeface styles, types I use when creating logos and graphic images for clients and see most often used.
Here’s some Type advice and strategies:
- Select your typefaces carefully.
- Look for typefaces that fit your personality and is right for your business.
- Think about how many ways you can use your type(s): Regular, italics, bold or think wide, condensed…
- Add additional typefaces that will compliment your main typefaces, however, don’t have too many (1-2 main types and up to 3 accent types)
- Remember repetition is your friend. Use your types in all your messages, branded images and in print.
- Always make sure you keep your type selections very easy to read.
You only get seconds of your audience time to see your biz message, make it count! I’ve created a Type Guide for you to use.
What are your favorite typestyles? A great way to save your favorite typestyles is to create a Pinterest board for them. I love Pinterest and have hundreds of pins there. I suggest you add the infographic above to your Brand board as an easy reference and download the Type Guide for your reference too!
[Tweet “I’m very font of you, you’re just my type:)”]
I hope this has given you some different types to consider when developing your visual branding!
Have a branding or visual question?
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, about creating professional looking branding and visuals, click here. I love to hear from you:)